Established in 2013, the University of Wollongong USA Foundation enables US-based alumni and friends to support the University’s key priorities including student equity, health and medical research and solving global challenges.

The University’s continued excellence in these areas can only be sustained with the support of its global network of alumni and friends.

The University of Wollongong USA Foundation is a 501(c) (3) public charity registered in the US. The Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to support education, and specifically includes fundraising to support the University of Wollongong.

UOW USA Foundation Three Major Priorities

Edging closer to understanding Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)

A lot has happened since we first introduced you to world-renowned researcher, Professor Justin Yerbury AM, a molecular biologist at the University of Wollongong, who has dedicated his life to solving the puzzle that is Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) – or Motor Neurone Disease (MND) – as it is known in Australia. Over the years, research has discovered that motor neurons in both the motor cortex and spinal cord degenerate and die in a progressive manner, which ultimately leads to mortality. ALS can strike without warning and progress rapidly, devastating those in its path. Approximately five to 10 per cent of all cases of ALS are inherited and caused by faulty genes. The remaining 90 per cent of cases are random or sporadic. The underlying cause of these cases is still unknown.
Read more

Support the UOW USA Foundation

The University of Wollongong is committed to elevating our students, and being leaders in research that produces real world solutions to challenges we all face. Our continued excellence in these areas can only be sustained with the support of our global network of alumni and friends.
Give Now